Endocrinology focuses on conditions that affect the endocrine system, which is a collection of hormone-producing glands that control metabolism, growth, and sexual development. Gateway Medical Group offers the most current treatment options to address metabolic diseases. Our endocrinologist will work closely with you to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and ensure you have everything you need to manage your condition effectively.
We treat a variety of endocrine disorders, including:
- Diabetes, including type I and type II
- Autoimmune diabetes
- Thyroid disease, including hyperthyroidism (Graves’ disease), hypothyroidism (Hashimotos Disease) and thyroid cancer
- Adrenal gland disorders, such as Addison's disease, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperaldosteronism
- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disorders including hyperparathyroidism, vitamin D deficiency, and osteopenia
- Pituitary problems including adenomas, secretory disorders and loss of function
- Hormone replacement for men and women and disorders affecting reproductive glands
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Metabolic disorders including disorders that affect calcium metabolism and potassium metabolism along with water balance.